Implementing /bin/ionice, ioprio_set() support with FILE_IO_PRIORITY_HINT_INFO?

Wed Apr 3 08:39:18 GMT 2024

On Apr  3 03:51, Martin Wege via Cygwin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could Cygwin implement support for /usr/bin/ionice and ioprio_set()
> via FILE_IO_PRIORITY_HINT_INFO?

Not ionice, the tool, but only ioprio_get/ioprio_set, the API.

The problem is the functionality bit allowing to set the priority
in arbitrary processes.

And, as usual, https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI

I would again like to stress the fact that we're all volunteers here,
and we're a sadly small bunch of people actually contributing to the
core code.

It's easy to ask for new functionality, but it needs time to implement
stuff and we all have another job keeping the money coming, and that
job takes priority.

We don't want to see stuff like the xz debacle in Cygwin, right?

Corinna