Problems with X11 after reinstalling Windows

David Karr davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:05:12 GMT 2024

Related to my earlier question about restoring a reimaged laptop, I decided
to simply reinstall Cygwin and then copy over the backup of my home
directory.

I then ran my desktop shortcut for emacs, which was working before the
reimage, and that did nothing.

I tried manually running "emacs-X11", and it brought up the non-graphical
window, and in the console it said: "Display :0.0 is unavailable,
simulating -nw".

I noticed that "startxwin" responds with "command not found".

I didn't reboot after I installed Cygwin, do I need to do that?