ssh broken after updating cygwin

Lee ler762@gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 00:09:04 GMT 2024

On Fri, Aug 30, 2024 at 11:52 AM ASSI via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Lee via Cygwin writes:
> > OK.. I didn't read the release notes.  If I knew the upgrade was going
> > to break ssh I wouldn't have upgraded, but hopefully there's a
> > work-around besides downgrading.
>
> As noted in the announcement, you can build your own openssh that still
> has the code active, but it will finally get removed at the beginning of
> 2025 most likely.  These ciphers have been deprecated since at least
> 2015…
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/958048/

Me building my own openssh is very much a last resort.  I'd be tempted
to use telnet instead :0
Thankfully it isn't going to come to that; tech support got me sorted
out - I've got the latest software installed and I can ssh in again :)

> > I already went poking around on the vendor's website and I can't find
> > anything about a software upgrade that has something later than
> > ssh-dss :(
>
> They surely would also support RSA keys or how old is that software and
> still has an active vendor website?

It's TP-Link switch.  Silly me, the release notes say
  Upgraded SSH algorithms.
duh.. I should have known.

Thanks
Lee