How to map a NAS drive in /etc/fstab that is of type

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Mon Jan 8 09:37:12 GMT 2024

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 at 07:46, /dev /local/ca via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> What would an entry in */etc/fstab* look like on Windows to map a nas
> mapped drive N:
>
> When provisioning the drives, I selected file system type: btrfs
>
> ---
> I am on Windows 10 Pro and want to access the drive with the path:  /n
>
> NAS: Synology 4 hard drives Raid 6
>
> It is mapped to my Windows machine as drive N: and when launching cygwin,
> it would be ideal if it is auto-mounted

If it's mapped as N: in your Windows machine, it will normally be
available as /cygdrive/n/

Cygwin doesn't have any support of btrfs itself, but neither does
Windows; if your NAS is providing a file share that Windows can access
then – subject to file permissions issues and the like – Cygwin should
be able to access anything you can access through the Windows file
system.

See also:

https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.accessing-drives
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/mount.html