TeX Live 2024:: asympote 2.88-1 hangs after outputting a pdf

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Sun May 26 04:11:48 GMT 2024

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:51:48 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-announce
> * asymptote-2.88-1
>
> Asymptote is a powerful descriptive vector graphics language for technical drawing, inspired by MetaPost but with an improved C++-like syntax.  Asymptote provides for figures the same high-quality typesetting that LaTeX does for scientific text.

Hi!

Thank you for maintaining cygwin texlive.

I've updated texlive 20240312-1 and asymptote-2.88-1.

But, now, asy hangs after outputting a pdf.

How to reproduce:

1. Prepare test.asy:

// test.asy
dot((0,0));
// test.asy

2. `asy -vv test.asy` will successfully write test.eps.

3. But, `asy -vv -f pdf test.asy` will hang after gs produces test.pdf...

========
Using configuration directory /home/XXXXXXX/.asy
Using history /home/XXXXXXX/.asy/history
Welcome to Asymptote version 2.88
cd /tmp
Processing test
Including plain_constants from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_constants.asy
Including plain_strings from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_strings.asy
Including plain_pens from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_pens.asy
Including plain_paths from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_paths.asy
Including plain_filldraw from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_filldraw.asy
Including plain_margins from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_margins.asy
Including plain_picture from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_picture.asy
Including plain_scaling from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_scaling.asy
Including plain_prethree from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_prethree.asy
Including plain_Label from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_Label.asy
Including plain_arcs from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_arcs.asy
Including plain_boxes from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_boxes.asy
Including plain_shipout from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_shipout.asy
Including plain_markers from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_markers.asy
Including plain_arrows from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_arrows.asy
Including plain_debugger from /usr/share/asymptote/plain_debugger.asy
gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -P -dSAFER -dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dEPSCrop -dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dMaxSubsetPct=100 -dEncodeColorImages=true -dEncodeGrayImages=true -dCompatibilityLevel=1.5 -dTransferFunctionInfo=/Apply -dAutoRotatePages=/None -g612x792 -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=3 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=3 -sOutputFile=test.pdf -c .setsafe -f test_.eps
========