Windows Server NFS, getfact not working on NFS

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Oct 27 09:03:43 GMT 2024

Greetings, Martin Wege!

> Greetings!

> If I mount a NFS filesystem from a Windows NFS4.1 server (Windows
> Server 2022) on Windows 10, then getfacl does not work:

> cd /cygdrive/n/nfsshare1
> touch testfile
> getfacl testfile
> getfact: testfile: Not supported

It will return "not supported" to any mount mount with "noacl" flag.

> NFS server is running Windows Server 2022
> NFS client is Windows 10 Professional, with CYGWIN_NT-10.0-19045 3.5.4-1.x86_64

> How can I debug this further? If I mount a NFS filesystem from Linux,
> getfact works.

There's nothing to debug.
It will only work inside Cygwin root tree, or on mounts with "acl" flag.
Which is, generally, a bad idea to have on directories shared with native
tools. Ethereal issues will happen.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin