sshd not working properly

Andy Wood andy.m.wood@gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 10:11:22 GMT 2024

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for that. The recent posts in the archive seem to be about
problems different to mine.

However, googling the terms "cygwin" and "seteuid" eventually took me
to this page:
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2019-February/240238.html

Running "passwd -R" for 'other_user', as suggested by the subject of
the post, fixed the problems for me.

It looks like sshd isn't handling a login failure properly.

Andy.