Updated: weechat-4.4.2-1

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:23:58 GMT 2024

On Mon, 9 Sep 2024 14:30:39 +0200, Sébastien Helleu <flashcode@flashtux.org>
Re: Updated: weechat-4.4.2-1
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2024 at 08:03:26PM +0900, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Sep 2024 12:20:40 +0200, Sébastien Helleu
> > > Version 4.4.2-1 of "weechat" has been uploaded.
> > >
> > > ChangeLog:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/weechat/weechat/releases/tag/v4.4.2
> > >
> > > DESCRIPTION
> > > WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms
> > > like Linux, Unix, BSD, GNU Hurd, Mac OS X and Windows (bash/ubuntu and
> > > cygwin).
> > >
> > > HOMEPAGE
> > > https://weechat.org/
> > >
> > > Sébastien Helleu.
> >
> > Hi!  Thank you for maintaining the packages.
> >
> > I've noticed that weechat-perl-4.4.2-1 still depends on perl5_036 (cf. [1], [2]).
> >
> > [1]: https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/weechat-perl.html
> > [2]: https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/perl_rebuilds.html
> >
> > Please, rebuild with perl-5.40.0-1 and perl_base-5.40.0-1.
> >
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for pointing it out, I just rebuilt packages and will send an update
> very soon.
>
> Before each build I always update all Cygwin packages to be sure I'm using the
> latest versions. But for Perl, the new version was not installed automatically,
> is there some manual action to do?
>
> Regards,
> Sébastien Helleu

There may be some perl packages installed which are not ready
for perl 5.40.0.

Manually select the version 5.40.0-1 for perl and perl_base,
and proceed to find which packages do prevent from updating perl
(cf. [3]). And then, unintall the packages.

[3]: https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2024-August/011887.html

Regards,
Lem