No more Cygwin-X start menu entries

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca
Thu Jan 16 00:17:58 GMT 2025


On 2025-01-15 08:05, Andrea Venturoli via Cygwin wrote:
> On 1/13/25 21:01, Jon Turney wrote:
> 
>> CYGWINFORALL=-A /bin/sh -vx /etc/postinstall/xinit.sh

> I used the above and, while examining what it did, I saw that it created the 
> start menu entries!!!
> Only thing that changed from two days ago, is I installed the monthly Windows 
> Update patches.

With Windows Update patches pending restart, Windows sometimes acts weird, and 
so does Cygwin, so a restart is advised ASAP.

-- 
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis              Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte                   Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter  not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retrancher  but when there is no more to cut
                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


More information about the Cygwin mailing list