(Remote) X11 xterm/konsole hang with non-cygwin processes...
Takashi Yano
takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Jun 24 13:38:44 GMT 2026
Hi Roland,
On Wed, 24 Jun 2026 07:37:55 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2026 17:54:24 +0200
> Roland Mainz via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Today I've updated my Cygwin installation on the development machines
> > to cygwin 3.7.0-0.527.gd21aaac37996.x86_64 (previous version was
> > around ~~four months old 3.7.0), and was immediately greeted with a
> > hang when trying to build run a powershell command.
> > Note that $DISPLAY points to a remote machine. Doing the same with a
> > local mintty.exe sesstion does NOT trigger the hang.
> >
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > $ uname -a
> > CYGWIN_NT-10.0-19045 winbloodbathmonster02
> > 3.7.0-0.527.gd21aaac37996.x86_64 2026-06-23 01:36 UTC x86_64 Cygwin
> >
> > # start xterm or konsole, and then run:
> > $ export PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
> > Studio/2019/Community/MSBuild/Current/Bin/:$PATH"
> > CERTIFICATE_THUMBPRINT="$(powershell -c 'Get-ChildItem -Path
> > Cert:\CurrentUser\My | Where-Object {$_.Subject -like "*WDKTestCert*"}
> > | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Thumbprint')"
>
> Thanks for the report. I could reproduce the issue with
> 3.7.0-0.527.gd21aaac37996.x86_64.
>
> However, I could not with the local build with the patches:
> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2026q2/015092.html
>
> So I think it will be fixed soon.
>
> Thanks!
Could you please test 3.7.0-0.532.gfac73911f5a0?
--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list