Python Maintainer - Update the Cygwin Repository for Python from 3.12 to 3.14
Marco Atzeri
marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 00:26:34 GMT 2026
On 27/05/2026 03:50, Auteria W. Winzer Jr. via Cygwin wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> If you maintain the Cygwin Python Repository, please update the Python Manifest (Core & Modules) from version 3.12 to 3.14 (the October 7, 2025, stable release).
> Since version 3.12 (almost 3 years ago), the GitHub Python/CPython developers have fixed several bugs and made performance improvements.
>
> I have been a long-time Cygwin end user since its first version on October 18, 1995.
>
> Thank you for the attention to this issue.
>
> Best Regards,
> Auteria Wallace "Wally" Winzer Jr.
Sorry for taking so long to answer
I am working on the 3.12.14 but unfortunately it segfault during testing
so I can not release it without solving the issue.
Working on it and deploying all missing python312-xxxx packages
Regards
Marco
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list