Updating rust package

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:57:32 GMT 2026


On 30/09/2026 19:55, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 30/09/2026 18:22, Rainer Emrich via Cygwin wrote:
>> Am 28.09.2026 um 21:40 schrieb Jon Turney:
>>> On 03/08/2026 14:42, Rainer Emrich via Cygwin wrote:
>>>> Am 03.08.2026 um 15:30 schrieb Jon Turney:
>>>>> On 01/07/2026 12:48, Jon Turney via Cygwin wrote:
>>>>>> On 29/06/2026 10:12, Rainer Emrich via Cygwin wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>>>>
> 
>>>
>> I may see what I can do. Unfortunately this is really time consuming. 
>> Even on may threadripper system the build only takes 3 hours.
>> I was able to successfully rebuild the current version.
>> Than I have rebuild the same version without the bootstrap package.
>> What makes it hard, is the fact that this is highly unstable in terms 
>> of causing fork errors at different stages.
> 
> could be needed to make a rebase after every stage to avoid collision ?
> 
> Usually use "find" to create a list of DLL in the build tree
> and use "rebase -O -T filelist" to obliviously rebase in place
> 

see https://cygwin.com/cgit/cygwin-packages/octave/tree/octave.cygport
for an example before testing

>> At the moment I try to build rust version 1.92.0. Tommorow I know if 
>> this is going to work.
>>
> 
> Thanks
> Marco



More information about the Cygwin mailing list