This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
do package updates automatically kill running exes?
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 02:19:08 -0400
- Subject: do package updates automatically kill running exes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've noticed that when I update a package, the exe's in it get killed. For
example, when emacs gets updated, my running emacsen die.
Is this something that setup explicitly does, for all packages? Or that some
packages do for themselves in a preremove script? Or just a byproduct of
replacing a running exe?