not completely happy news

I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be going into the hospital on
Friday for an operation.  If things go as planned, I'll be back on
Saturday.

If they don't, well, then, you know...

This is supposed to be a "routine" removal of my prostate, followed by
a week+ of discomfort and months of recovery but, other than that, it
should be just a piece of cake.

I wasn't sure if I should send this or not but I've always wondered what
happens to free software projects when one of the principals disappears
and I thought that it was probably best if people knew what was going
on.

Hopefully I won't disappear but, well, then, you know...

cgf