This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSHD on Win2K: sshd.log is just empty
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Tino Lange" <tino dot lange at isg dot de>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:57:10 -0000
- Subject: Re: SSHD on Win2K: sshd.log is just empty
- References: <3E71ED5F.email@example.com>
Tino Lange wrote:
> I'm using cygwin's sshd on Win2K.
> I configured it via ssh-host-config and it is running as a service on
> that machine. All is fine. No problems with it in daily use.
> So far, but there's one thing missing:
> the /var/log/sshd.log is empty and stays empty.
This is as expected. sshd logs to syslog (i.e. Windows event log) by
> -rw-r--r-- 1 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 Nov 12 17:08 sshd.log
> How can I enable loggiong to it?
> If I start sshd with -d it won't fork?
> My 'sshd_config' is the default one generated from ssh-host-config, I
> only changed the listen address.
> Just ask for sshd_config and/or cygcheck.out, if you'll need it.
> Can someone tell me how to enable logging?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html