This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mkshortcut seems to not work correctly recently...
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:38:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: mkshortcut seems to not work correctly recently...
- References: <0FA79168BC8F44DA8FCC05794C30A78D@d40>
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM, John Refling wrote:
> It seems that mkshortcut is failing as of the last few weeks (when I did an
> upgrade to latest Cygwin). ÂUpgrade as of today shows the same problems. ÂI
> have scripts that use mkshortcut that have not changed in a long time, which
> worked before, and now do not.
This doesn't answer your question but gives you another method. I
create shortcuts using a text file with a .url extension. This is an
INI style file that looks similar to the following and creates an
internet shortcut but using a file. This provides me a method to edit
the file with ViM if I need to.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple