Re: Check if a package is installed

On 04/10/2012 01:05, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Well it has to use something to validate the package. The data it
uses is the list of files in the .lst.gz file you deleted. So it
can't do allot of validating without that metadata.

Indeed.

But I suppose it would make sense to not return "OK" if the list of
files is missing.

Sure.

So I will continue to just test the presence of the .lst.gz to check if a package is installed:
- missing: not correctly installed
- present: installed (correctly or corrupted)

--
Vincent Rivière