Re: Where is detailed setup.exe usage documentation? (old question, never answered)

On 10/16/2012 12:26 AM, Pit Bull wrote:
I am looking for some documentation - html, man page, doc file, whatever
that describes setup.exe.

<snip>

So the specific questions I have (which I would have liked to have seen
answered in a documentation file of some sort) are:

Why isn't the status changed to Keep for downloaded src packages (or
at least for some since I have not verified this is common across all
source files/packages)?

Could be a bug.

What does an X mean in the Src? column box?  Is this supposed to mean
it has been downloaded even though the status does not say Keep?

It indicates that you want the source for the selected package.

What does n/a mean in the Bin? and Src? column?

Not applicable. The state of these columns is dependent on whether you've selected a version of the package to install.

Is there any documentation that describes setup.exe in more detail in
an organized manner?

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#internet-setup> is the most detailed documentation we have for setup.exe right now.

--
Larry