This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sed seems to force UC filename on Mixed 8.3 filenames on FAT32
- From: Fergus Daly <ugly dot leper at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 09:05:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: sed seems to force UC filename on Mixed 8.3 filenames on FAT32
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
>> ..."or operation on FAT32 was changed by Windows updates."
Starting to look exactly like that. On Windows 7 there is no problem.
On earlier W10 machines in this office there is no problem. My machine
underwent a massive (time-consuming) update on or around 13-FEB to
Microsoft Windows Version 1709 Build 16299.248]
from the previous
Microsoft Windows Version 1703 Build 15063.936]
and the troubles began then:
~> touch TryThis.TxT
~> ls T*
~> dos2unix TryThis.TxT
dos2unix: converting file TryThis.TxT to Unix format...
~> ls T*
This on a FAT32 stick. (Can anybody confirm this behaviour?) So I'm
guessing Windows has revised its default mount shortname syntax for
VFAT. Is there a way I can climb in and alter / override that, does
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple