Re: gettext - acl tests - cygwin specific code path

On Aug 21 11:52, cyg Simple wrote:
> I've been reviewing the testing of gettext and I have a failure for all
> of the acl tests.  I've found that a file without acl will obtain acl if
> the mode is changed to 605. STC below.
>
> <STC>
> $ touch /tmp/tmpfile0
> $ ls -l /tmp/tmpfile0
> -rw-r--r-- 1 myUser myGroup 0 Aug 21 11:35 /tmp/tmpfile0
> $ getfacl /tmp/tmpfile0
> # file: /tmp/tmpfile0
> # owner: myUser
> # group: myGroup
> user::rw-
> group::r--
> other:r--
> $ chmod 600
> $ ls -l /tmp/tmpfile0
> -rw------- 1 myUser myGroup 0 Aug 21 11:35 /tmp/tmpfile0
> $ getfacl /tmp/tmpfile0
> # file: /tmp/tmpfile0
> # owner: myUser
> # group: myGroup
> user::rw-
> group::---
> other:---
> $ chmod 605
> $ ls -l /tmp/tmpfile0
> -rw----r-x+ 1 myUser myGroup 0 Aug 21 11:35 /tmp/tmpfile0
> $ getfacl /tmp/tmpfile0
> # file: /tmp/tmpfile0
> # owner: myUser
> # group: myGroup
> user::rw-
> group::---
> other:r-x
> user:myUser:---
> </STC>

I just tried this and I can not reproduce the result.  I used your above
testcase with fixed chmod invocations.  Eventually:

  [...]
  $ chmod 605 /tmp/tmpfile0
  $ ls -l /tmp/tmpfile0
  -rw----r-x 1 corinna vinschen 0 Aug 22 09:44 /tmp/tmpfile0
  $ getfacl /tmp/tmpfile0
  # file: /tmp/tmpfile0
  # owner: corinna
  # group: vinschen
  user::rw-
  group::---
  other::r-x

Please retry all steps and add the cacls output after each getfacl
output.  Additionally it might be important to see the permissions
of your /tmp dir (ls, getfacl and cacls).  Mine has the typical
01777 perms.  For testing I also created tmpfile0 in a directory
with perms 0755, but the outcome was the same, as above.

Here are my tmpfile0 perms in cacls output, btw., for comparison:

  $ cacls C:/cygwin64/tmp/tmpfile0
  C:\cygwin64\tmp\tmpfile0 NULL SID:(DENY)(special access:)
                                  READ_CONTROL

                         MYDOMAIN\corinna:(DENY)(special access:)
                                          FILE_EXECUTE

                         MYDOMAIN\corinna:(special access:)
                                          STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL
                                          DELETE
                                          READ_CONTROL
                                          WRITE_DAC
                                          WRITE_OWNER
                                          SYNCHRONIZE
                                          STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED
                                          FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                          FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                                          FILE_READ_DATA
                                          FILE_WRITE_DATA
                                          FILE_APPEND_DATA
                                          FILE_READ_EA
                                          FILE_WRITE_EA
                                          FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                                          FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

                         MYDOMAIN\vinschen:(special access:)
                                           READ_CONTROL
                                           SYNCHRONIZE
                                           FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES

                         MYDOMAIN\vinschen:(DENY)(special access:)
                                           FILE_READ_DATA
                                           FILE_READ_EA
                                           FILE_EXECUTE

                         Everyone:R