[RFC] C++1x breaking the ABI in one more place :(

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Wed May 19 23:23:00 GMT 2010

Hi,
> Putting the new file into an inline namespace would at least allow
> code using the old and new std::time_get to live together, although
> they couldn't be passed back and forth. I don't know how much people
> do that.
Turns out, the time_get object itself doesn't change size - I simply
misread the output of abi_check, sorry - the failure is due to the
*vtable* changing size. Thus I'm more optimistic, but want to make sure
it's really fine linking against the new vtable before loosening
abi_check about the size of vtables...

Thanks,
Paolo.