This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Makefile.in in setup CVS
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:54:11 +1000
- Subject: Re: Makefile.in in setup CVS
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKMEDBDBAA.email@example.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Cygwin-Apps" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 12:50 PM
Subject: Rob: Makefile.in in setup CVS
> In setup cvs, in the root dir, there's a Makefile.in even though we're
> autoconfiscating on the client-side from the .am. This then ends up
> conflicts when one goes to do a "cvs update -dP" on the tree. Shouldn't
> removed from cvs then?
Last time I did anything in this area it provoked a pile of emails. I'd
rather let sleeping problems lie.
We are using AM_MAINTAINER_MODE, so you need to explicitly turn on client
side automaking, and if you have that knowledge, rm Makefile.in && cvs -z3
update -Pd Makefile.in shouldn't be too hard.