This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:30:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826093214 dot GA1136 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Now that Windows 2003 is finally out of long term support, and given
> that XP's much-too-long-term support ended 2014, I'll drop support for
> XP and Server 2003 from Cygwin End of 2015.
Good, and thanks! There's no reason XP users can't continue to use
the snapshot of Cygwin from just before the removal of XP/2003
support. I'm in favor of anything that makes it easier for the
over-burdened maintainers of Cygwin. I've upgraded my "other"
development environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, and I'm
making no effort to ensure my software runs on Windows XP.
Windows 10 has been extremely stable for me, especially build 10525.
Of course, there a few bugs, which I'm sure will be addressed over
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple