Sun Dec 4 13:58:56 GMT 2022
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
IMPORTANT DEPRECATION NOTES
- Cygwin 3.4 is the FIRST major version dropping support for
- 32 bit Windows including WOW64 on 64 bit Windows.
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Cygwin 3.4 is the LAST major version supporting
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- Cygwin 3.5, which will probably be release at some point in late 2023,
will run on
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
There are no plans to deprecate support for 64 bit systems starting with
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 any time soon.
- Drop support for Vista and Server 2008.
- Drop support for 32 bit Windows and WOW64.
- Allow to run with full ASLR enabled and enable on Cygwin DLL by default.
- Remove any special handling for the .com filename suffix. It has to
be used always explicitely.
- Add code to handle setrlimit(RLIMIT_AS).
- Add code to handle signal masks in /proc/<PID>/status.
- Handle UDP_SEGMENT and UDP_GRO socket options.
- The CYGWIN=pipe_byte option is now set by default, so that pipes are
opened in byte mode rather than message mode.
- The stdio input functions no longer try again to read after EOF.
This aligns Cygwin behavior to that of Linux.
- Treat an empty path (empty element in PATH or PATH is absent) as
the current directory as Linux does.
- The default values of FD_SETSIZE and NOFILE are now 1024 and 3200,
- Don't error out if getfacl(1) is called on a socket file.
Partially addresses: https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2022-July/251768.html
- Make serial ioctl(TIOCMBIS/TIOCMBIC) work on USB CDC devices.
- Fix a SEGV when running a process with changed primary group.
- Fix primary group handling when running a process tree containing
non-Cygwin processes and with changed primary group. The Cygwin child
process of a non-Cygwin process will have reverted its primary group
to the default primary group erroneously.
- Fix parsing Windows command line when non-ASCII chars are in the input.
More information about the Cygwin-announce