Announcements now only go to the cygwin-announce list

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Sep 21 14:46:31 GMT 2023

The auto-forwarding of announcements from the cygwin-announce mailing
list to the cygwin mailing list has been removed.

This seems to be hard to make work reliably (sometimes it doubles the
messages, sometimes they don't get forwarded), apparently prevents us
from adding a meaningful standard footer (e.g. with unsubscribe
instructions, so we have to rely on maintainers remembering to add it
manually), and no-one seems to know why we're doing it.

If you want to continue to receive these announcements in the future,
please consider subscribing to the cygwin-announce mailing list (or
reading it via news://news.gmane.io/gmane.os.cygwin.announce, or via the
various protocols that inbox.sourceware.org provides).