vmstat

Chris January chris@atomice.net
Fri Jun 28 00:39:00 GMT 2002

> > Ok. Do you have any thoughts on where I should put ps.exe and kill.exe?
>

> I ended up renaming 'clear.exe' from the ncurses dist to 'clearn.exe' to
> avoid conflicts with the 'clear' package.  (In ncurses, 'clear.exe' is
> not a 'test' program, so it didn't go into bin/ncurses-test-*/; it went
> into ${prefix}/bin -- hence the conflict which required rename)
>

> > They need to be somewhere other than /bin, but available should the user
> > wish to use them. Perhaps I could rename them instead? procps.exe and
> > prockill.exe, although those names are a little unweidly.
> > If anyone has any ideas, then please make a suggestion.
>

> pps.exe and pkill.exe ?  Actually, proc*.exe isn't bad -- and the user
> can always alias whatever he wants.
I prefer pps.exe and pkill.exe, but pkill.exe already exists so I have
called them procps.exe and prockill.exe. I have regenned the archive without
the procps directory and the executables renamed. I would be grateful if
this version of the archived could be considered for inclusion in the Cygwin
distro.

Regards
Chris