Failed to build popt 1.7 DLL with libtool 1.5

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Sun May 11 22:05:00 GMT 2003

alcocer@helixdigital.com wrote:
> OK, I *know* I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what it
> is.  I unpacked popt-1.7.tar.gz and ran the following to try to build
> the popt DLL:
>
>   $ tar xzf popt-1.7.tar.gz; cd popt-1.7
>   $ libtoolize --copy --force
>   You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
>   $ aclocal
>   $ autoconf
>   $ patch -b -p1 < ../popt-1.7-1.patch
>   patching file Makefile.in
>   patching file findme.c
>   patching file popt.c
>   patching file poptconfig.c
>   $ ./configure
>   $ make
>
> After doing this, however, I don't end up with a cygpopt*.dll file
> anywhere in the popt-1.7. What step(s) am I missing?

It works for me, anyhow all I need to do is just update a few docs,
compile it on a stock cygwin machine (I've got too many added symbols)
and the new popt should be good to go.  Ok?

Cheers,
Nicholas