Question for MaxB: Any hope for fixing the current setup hang?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Dec 21 12:37:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> We REALLY need to get setup fixed.  Is there any hope that you
> are close to getting this fixed, Max?

Why not get rid of the complicated tar => bz2 stack and just check for
".tar.bz2" and use a simplified approach then, which makes sure that the
tar or bz2 part gets properly released. just combine those two into one
interface which makes sure that it is released.

I haven't found out yet which of those two is borked, but it's
complicated enough.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/