setup for all users

Jens Wilken Jens.Wilken@osc-es.de
Wed Oct 6 11:37:00 GMT 2004

bertrand marquis wrote:

>Hello,
>

>	I'm running cygwin setup in quiet mode and i want to do it with all
>users options. i thought it was set by default as it is when you run the
>setup in standard mode but when i install cygwin as regular user under
>windows xp or 2000 the mount entry in the registry are set into
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
>
>Is there any way to force setup to install using all users option or to
>set it to register into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and not HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

I made some changes to the setup to allow commandline configuration for
all user changeable settings (except package selection).
We use this extended setup for automatic installations, so the user has
no chance to change the expected settings and cause horrible things ;)
Is someone interested in the patch?