lesstif [Was: Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.]

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:59:00 GMT 2005

Brian,

Brian Ford wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>lesstif (won't do new versions)
>

> Since I've been trying to get you to release a new one of these for a
> while now, does this mean I can have it?

Sure, but, if you take lesstif you have to also take responsibility for
nedit, which doesn't mean that you have to maintain it, but you have to
recognize that a lesstif release that works for an in-house app but
makes nedit crash upon opening a document is unacceptable.  That's
pretty much why the lesstif package is stuck where it is: it didn't work
with nedit.

If you accept that, go for it.

Harold