[ITP] gmp-4.2 and mpfr-2.2

Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) david.billinghurst@comalco.riotinto.com.au
Mon May 22 13:13:00 GMT 2006

> From:  Charles Wilson
>
> Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) wrote:
>
> > The new cygmpfr1.dll is not binary compatible with the current cygmpfr0.dll.
> > How should this be managed?  Should I provide a libmpfr0 package that just
> > contains the existing cygmpfr0.dll?
>
> Yes.  What I would suggest is the following:
>
> Get the current gmp-4.1.4-2 binary package.
> Unpack usr/bin/cygmpfr-0.dll from it.
> Package that file into libmpfr0-4.1.4-3.tar.bz2
>
> Get the currrent gmp-4.1.4-2-src source package
> Rename it libmpfr0-4.1.4-3-src.
>
> And there you have it.  Sure, downloading and unpacking
> "libmpfr0-4.1.4-3-src" and following its build instructions won't get
> you the exact package libmpfr0-4.1.4-3.tar.bz2 -- but it WILL get you
> the exact cygmpfr-0.dll -- and that's all that's truly
> necessary in this
> case.

Done.

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3-src.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/setup.hint

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.