[ITA] libapr1-1.3.3-1

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Tue Oct 7 15:13:00 GMT 2008

> On Oct  6 08:13, David Rothenberger wrote:

>>> I didn't forget and I still have this on my plate.  I'm still not quite
>>> back to normal, sorry.
>> No problem. I understand that it can take a while to get back to normal
>> after a holiday.
>
> Holiday + Sickness = :(   Only the holiday is over, though.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

> I had a quick look and the basic packaging looks ok.  What bugs me
> a bit is the new layout.
>
> Old:
>
>   apr1 --- libapr1
>
> New:
>
>   libapr1 -+- apr1
>            +- libapr1-devel
>
> I guess we should better move the apr1 dir into the _obsolete dir, then
> just leave the libapr1 dir at top level:
>
>   _obsolete --- apr1
>   libapr1   --- libapr1-devel
>
> Same for the aprutil1/libaprutil1 dirs.  Is that what you intended?

I hadn't thought about the directory layout, but I think that will work.
apr1 and aprutil1 are both empty transition packages that are marked
obsolete, so they can (should?) go under _obsolete I guess.

Do you want me to restructure the packages on my server to match this
layout?

Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
         Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.