/rebase.sh (was Re: YA call for snapshot testing)

Fri Jan 20 13:23:00 GMT 2012

[Moved to cygwin-apps for discussion]

On Jan 20 09:49, marco atzeri wrote:
> As rebaseall is almost mandatory on W7/64 and
> we are always suggesting it to anyone with fork problem,
> I think a simple batch file in the / (called rebase.bat ?)
> similar to the cygwin.bat
>
> with something like
> -------------------------------------
> C:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> C:\cygwin\bin\dash -l -i -c "rebaseall"
> --------------------------------------
>
> will help customer to handle the issue.
> It should be worth to add it to the rebase package.

Sounds like an interesting idea.  That would simplify the description
in the User's Guide, too.  The only problem I see with this is the fact
that rebaseall exits prematurely if more than just dash or ash processes
are running.  Maybe we should add a flag to rebaseall so that it waits
for a keypress in that case.

Corinna

P.S.: In the long run we would rather like to run rebase from setup
      directly.  The only problem is that DLLs might be locked due to
      running processes and rebase right now drops DLLs from the database
      if it couldn't handle.  The algorithm needs to become a bit more
      intelligent to be able to run from setup.

Red Hat