/rebase.sh (was Re: YA call for snapshot testing)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:05:00 GMT 2012

> [Moved to cygwin-apps for discussion]
>
> On Jan 20 09:49, marco atzeri wrote:
>> As rebaseall is almost mandatory on W7/64 and
>> we are always suggesting it to anyone with fork problem,
>> I think a simple batch file in the / (called rebase.bat ?)
>> similar to the cygwin.bat
>>
>> with something like
>> -------------------------------------
>> C:
>> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
>> C:\cygwin\bin\dash -l -i -c "rebaseall"
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> will help customer to handle the issue.
>> It should be worth to add it to the rebase package.
>
> Sounds like an interesting idea.  That would simplify the description
> in the User's Guide, too.  The only problem I see with this is the fact
> that rebaseall exits prematurely if more than just dash or ash processes
> are running.  Maybe we should add a flag to rebaseall so that it waits
> for a keypress in that case.

keep it simple, just add a "pause" command after the dash.
So we will have:

/usr/bin/tclpip84.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
Press any key to continue . . .

or

rebaseall: only ash or dash processes are allowed during rebasing
     Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
     Execute ash (or dash) from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
     Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash (or dash).
Press any key to continue . . .

> Corinna
>

> P.S.: In the long run we would rather like to run rebase from setup
>        directly.  The only problem is that DLLs might be locked due to
>        running processes and rebase right now drops DLLs from the database
>        if it couldn't handle.  The algorithm needs to become a bit more
>        intelligent to be able to run from setup.

It will be always needed a command line version for people that are
compiling by themself some programs

my own version is :
dash -l -i -c "rebaseall -s 'dll|so|oct' -T /usr/local/lista_rebase

as I have always additional dll's to rebase.