cygport suggestion: src_postinstall

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Mar 12 20:37:00 GMT 2012

On 3/12/2012 3:05 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2012-03-12 12:03, Ken Brown wrote:
>> I spoke too soon. It still needs a little work to handle texlive
>> packages that don't require maps or formats. I just built
>> texlive-collection-bibtexextra, and the postinstall script came out as
>> follows:
>>
>> /usr/bin/mktexlsr
>> /usr/bin/updmap-sys --nohash --syncwithtrees
>> /usr/bin/updmap-sys --nohash
>> /usr/bin/mktexlsr
>> /usr/bin/mktexlsr
>>
>> I'll try to fix this and send a revised patch (maybe also treating
>> fc-cache via __config_set/__config_get) unless you beat me to it.
>
> Revised patch attached.

Perfect.

I think it's time for me to build some new texlive-collection-*
packages.  I can't decide whether I should do all of them or just the
most important ones, those being:

(a) All of them that require fmtutil or updmap.

(b) All of them that users will get by default if they currently have
teTeX installed.

(c) All of them whose upstream package list has changed.

If I leave the remaining ones alone, their postinstall scripts will do
unnecessary work but (I think) are otherwise harmless.  Do you have an
opinion?

And I'll go ahead and ITP emacs-auctex once you've decided what you want
to do about __prepemacs.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Ken