TeXworks and hunspell

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Mar 29 20:11:00 GMT 2012

On 3/28/2012 5:26 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2012-03-24 10:15, Ken Brown wrote:
>> 1. The manual (which is supposed to be available from the Help menu)
>> doesn't get installed.
>
> Fixed in Ports git.

Thanks!  I never cease to be amazed at the wonders of cygport.

>> Another question is how to make the commands under the Help menu that
>> want to open a URL work. Or would this require a KDE desktop?
>
> No, but it does require a browser; does installing xdg-utils from Ports
> help?

Yes, it does help.  I haven't completely figured out how to configure my
system so that xdg-open will do everything I want, but I've figured out
enough to know that it's do-able.

On the subject of xdg-utils, you originally made it a dependency of
asymptote (which would have required moving it to the distro).  What
made you change your mind?  Are there problems with xdg-utils that are
keeping you from moving it to the distro?  I'd be glad to help in any
way I can.

Ken