TeXworks and hunspell

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:13:00 GMT 2012

On 3/29/2012 4:10 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 3/28/2012 5:26 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> On 2012-03-24 10:15, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> Another question is how to make the commands under the Help menu that
>>> want to open a URL work. Or would this require a KDE desktop?
>>
>> No, but it does require a browser; does installing xdg-utils from Ports
>> help?
>
> Yes, it does help. I haven't completely figured out how to configure my
> system so that xdg-open will do everything I want, but I've figured out
> enough to know that it's do-able.

OK, I've got all the Help menu commands working except the one that's
supposed to send mail, but that seems to be a cygstart problem.  I've
just sent a question about this to the cygwin list.

In order to make the command to open the manual work, I created a
/usr/share/applications/defaults.list file with the following line:

   application/xml=cygstart.desktop

Setting BROWSER=cygstart doesn't help here, because xdg-open receives a
`file://' URL, which cygstart doesn't understand.

Ken