keepassx

Wed Oct 31 04:27:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 00:46 +0000, David Stacey wrote:
> 1. keepassx is present in Cygwin Ports. Yaakov: Are you happy for
> keepassx to be moved into the main Cygwin distro? If so, are you happy
> for me to maintain it, or would you prefer to do so yourself?

You may take it.  I have modernized the build in git:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/keepassx

I suggest you bump RELEASE to 2 and build it yourself, then proceed with
ITP.

> I'm not aware that an alpha version of 2.0 exists in any Linux
> distribution (most distros provide 0.4.3), so you may consider that
> 2.0-alpha3 is not appropriate for Cygwin. However, even if we choose not
> to take the 'alpha' release at this stage, we will have to solve
> question (3) eventually (when the new 2.0 release becomes current).

I don't generally bother with prereleases where a stable version exists.
If the major distros are using 0.4.3 (Fedora is among them, I just
checked), then I would just ship that and deal with 2.0 when it goes
stable.

Yaakov