[ITP] speexdsp-1.2rc3-1

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Dec 27 01:16:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-12-26 18:32, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 12/26/2016 12:55 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> This version does not come with the speexdsp library, which is now
>> shipped separately upstream.  This needs to be provided as well in order
>> to not break packages which already use it.  Are you able to ITP speexdsp?
>
> Sure, here you go.

Thanks!  A few nits:

* Why a git snapshot instead of an official tarball?

* A version number of "1.2rc3" may not sort properly with a future
1.2.0.  Instead, drop all the git stuff and:

VERSION=1.2
RELEASE=0.1.rc3

SRC_URI="http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/speex/speexdsp-${VERSION}${RELEASE##*.}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="speexdsp-${VERSION}${RELEASE##*.}"

* The following is problematic:

libspeexdsp1_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.dll"

NEVER DO THIS.  If the DLL ABI version number is changed upstream
(either on purpose or by accident), you might miss it and end up
packaging what should be libspeexdsp2 as libspeexdsp1, breaking existing
installations.

I have added this package under your name.  Go ahead and upload with
these fixes, and then I'll fix the dependencies of other packages
accordingly.

--
Yaakov