Moving on from Cygwin

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 05:22:00 GMT 2018


On 28/06/18 13:15, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2018-06-27 17:24, David Stacey wrote:
>> All of these are effectively dead upstream:
>> - 'words' is a dictionary from the Moby project. This doesn't exist anymore, and
>> so the source file is pulled from a 2006 mirror on the Wayback Machine! I
>> include a couple of patches from Fedora to correct some misspelled words and add
>> the names of US presidents.
> Documented by the author at:
> 	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby_Project
> which says mirrored at:
> 	http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results?title=moby+list
> in etexts 3201-6.

Thanks for the information. I used the same source URL as Fedora [1] - 
in fact, I just translated Fedora's 'spec' file into 'cygport' form.

Obviously, a new maintainer is free to pick whichever source of the Moby 
dictionary that he or she wishes. Note, however, that in the Gutenberg 
mirror, the files have all been renamed meaning that Fedora's 'typos' 
patch won't apply.

Dave.

[1] - https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/words.git/tree/words.spec



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list