Updated cygport for for wxwidgets 3.0 package

Hamish MB hamishmb@live.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 08:58:00 GMT 2019

On 05/09/2019 22:19, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Patches have been written, or applied from other sources, for any
> number of reasons.  It would be wise to attempt to understand why.

Yes. I'm now rebuilding using your updated cygport file and examining
the patches in order to better understand how it works. I think I must
have gotten confused - I think it was the wxpython patches that can't be
applied any more because the codebase has changed a lot, but I'll
investigate that further. I did hear that some of the patches come from
Gentoo, is that right? As you can tell, I'm very new to using patches
and packaging for Cygwin, and I apologise for my newbie questions.

>> We could have a wxPython 4 build for Python 3 only, and leave the Python
>> 2 version as it is?
> I'd be willing to consider that.

Great, when I get it working, I'll see if I can get the existing patches
to apply and then go from there.

Hamish