cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Aug 4 17:02:35 GMT 2020

Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:

Don't quote email addresses, please.

> Nice.
>
> Then, how about a commit following yours.

That's really for Yaakov to say.

> Now it is suffienct to specify CYGPORT_TAR_EXT as ".tar.zst" in order
> use zstd. But it needs tar version >= 1.31.

I've asked Eric Blake quite some time ago about an update of GNU tar, so
don't hold your breath.

> And a next one is for making BUILD_REQUIRES a single-line list in
> *src.hint files.

… or just don't embed newlines.  Since cygport is bash under the hood
you can do

BUILD_REQUIRES+=" whatever"

instead of wrapping lines.

Regards,