cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Aug 5 19:34:24 GMT 2020

On 04/08/2020 21:49, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 19:02:35 +0200, ASSI
>> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
>>> And a next one is for making BUILD_REQUIRES a single-line list in
>>> *src.hint files.
>>
>> … or just don't embed newlines.  Since cygport is bash under the hood
>> you can do
>>
>> BUILD_REQUIRES+=" whatever"
>>
>> instead of wrapping lines.
>
> By squeezing white spaces, we can save some characters in *.cygport
> files :). And new maintainers can avoid an issue relating newlines in
> BUILD_REQUIRES without knowing it (I was trapped in it once).
Yes, this would be nice.

However, I think there is a consistency problem here, as other variables
which should only produce a single line in the .hint file (e.g.
REQUIRES, etc.) don't get whitespace canonicalized (as least, that's how
it seemed to me when I briefly looked at this).

Thanks for the patch.