cygport upload

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Mar 27 16:15:08 GMT 2020

Am 27.03.2020 um 16:41 schrieb Jon Turney:
> On 27/03/2020 14:35, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>>
>>> This just seems to be a thing lftp does.
>>>
>>> If the key isn't coming from ssh-agent, it always asks for a
>>> passphrase. If the key doesn't have one, you can just hit enter (or
>>> type anything).
>> OK, works. Can lftp or cygport be configured so that lftp does not
>> ask for a password? Or to use sftp instead?
>
> I don't know of any configuration for lftp to turn off that behaviour
> (which is arguably a defect in lftp), but that's probably something
> you could investigate for yourself.
>
> I am not sure why lftp is used instead of sftp, possibly it is
> insufficiently scriptable to do what cygport wants to do.
>
>> Uploading the two Unicode packages, I got this response:
>>
>> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
>> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr' is not in the package list
>> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
>> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr/unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation' is
>> not in the package list
>> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
>
> Ah, right.
>
> I've updated cygwin-pkg-maint and made the appropriate adjustment.
>
> There still seems to be a problem with the form of the version number
> you've chosen, however.
Yes, calm complains about

'-' in version

but 36-1 is the version format used upstream. Do I need to convert it?

> I am not quite clear how unicode-cldr replaces
> unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation, if we have anything which requires it
> to build, since it doesn't appear to provide the .pc file that did.
Please elaborate. I do not see any .pc file in the previous package.
The new package include /usr/share/unicode/cldr/common/annotations
(which the previous one provided solely) and other subdirectories of
/usr/share/unicode/cldr/common.
Thomas