cygport upload

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 15:41:00 GMT 2020

On 27/03/2020 14:35, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 27.03.2020 um 13:21 schrieb Jon Turney:
>> On 27/03/2020 10:17, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> How does cygport upload work?
>>> I previously uploaded with sftp but cygport apparently runs lftp and
>>> it asks me for a password.
>>
>> This just seems to be a thing lftp does.
>>
>> If the key isn't coming from ssh-agent, it always asks for a
>> passphrase. If the key doesn't have one, you can just hit enter (or
>> type anything).
> OK, works. Can lftp or cygport be configured so that lftp does not ask
> for a password? Or to use sftp instead?

I don't know of any configuration for lftp to turn off that behaviour
(which is arguably a defect in lftp), but that's probably something you
could investigate for yourself.

I am not sure why lftp is used instead of sftp, possibly it is
insufficiently scriptable to do what cygport wants to do.

> Uploading the two Unicode packages, I got this response:
>
> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr' is not in the package list
> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr/unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation' is not
> in the package list
> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)

Ah, right.

I've updated cygwin-pkg-maint and made the appropriate adjustment.

There still seems to be a problem with the form of the version number
you've chosen, however.

I am not quite clear how unicode-cldr replaces
unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation, if we have anything which requires it to
build, since it doesn't appear to provide the .pc file that did.