[ITA] fortune-mod - please review

Sun Apr 11 18:47:54 GMT 2021

On 2021-04-11 09:16, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 09/04/2021 17:49, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> Please review:
>> - build now uses cmake
>> - build requires unpackaged cpan module, installing with cpan in .cygport
>> - x86 will not build with ninja, only if deinstalled
>> - x86 applies but also regenerates source patches
> Can you be a bit more explicit what the issues are on x86?

Duh, yeah, realized that after hitting send!
I'm unsure here because I've never before used cmake and ninja, which step is
that's causing termination, and why when x86_64 succeeds?
And I have rerun after wiping the build directory to ensure there's no cruft.

>> See Google Drive for review files:
>> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15500wdTKygcwVNB7-0XN9P6kd9pvByxJ
>
> For future reference, giving a link to the cygport, rather than having to dig it
> out of the source package would ease review.

Sorry, forgot that, it's been a while since I last copied dists to the web: time
for another cyg-pkg-maint... script!

>> DEPEND="cmake ninja perl"
>> BUILD_REQUIRES="$DEPEND"
>
> build requires also seem to include Perl-Path-Tiny.

Remembered and added that, removed ninja, and reran.

Rerunning now I get perl-Path-Tiny not found although installed, and remember I
got a complaint from setup_x86 about perl module version conflicts since then.

I just ran cpan Path:Tiny which also updated Unicode::UTF8, Test::MockRandom,
and Test::FailWarnings.
Now the debug build succeeds as does the normal build.

It looks like something about perl-Path-Tiny and/or prereqs was messed up here,
but is no longer.

So sorry for wasting time.

>> cpan App::XML::DocBook::Builder
>
> This is less than ideal, as this means this gets executed as a side effect any
> time the cygport is sourced (e.g. if you run 'cygport fortune-mod.cygport info').
>
> If you really can't get this packaged, maybe it should be in the src_compile
> instead?
>
> Apart from that, looks good.

Yes, now I am past any ninja issues, will look at where I can put it in prep,
compile, cmake, or ninja compile functions.

Will recheck back as using cmake, ninja, cpan, and having source patch
regeneration issues are new areas for me.
I think patch regeneration may be due to the process modifying the sources
directly, so I may be able to drop most patches.