List [ITP],[ITA] by me

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Mon Feb 6 12:21:30 GMT 2023

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:33:45 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 05/02/2023 08:40, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > The list of ITPs and ITAs I recently proposed, is as follows.
> > Sorry, there are so many, but thank you in advance.
>
> No problem.  I'll try to give them all the attention they deserve.

Thank you very much!

> > [ITP]
> > AMF: for ffmpeg (new)
> > aom: for ffmpeg (new)
> > faad2 : for moc
> > fdk-aac-free : for ffmpeg (new)
> > ffmpeg : for moc (under discussion)
> > libopusenc : for opus-tools
> > mfx_dispatch : for ffmpeg (new)
> > moc
> > nv-codec-headers : for ffmpeg (new)
>
> I have a question about how this (and AMF I guess) works.
>
> Are these headers which implement the whole codec? or do they expect the
> codec to be accessible via the driver somehow?

nv-codec-headers provides header files which dynamically
loads nvcuda.dll, nvcuvid.dll and nvEncodeAPI{,64}.dll.

Similary, AMF loads amfrt{64,32}.dll dinamically.

The codec itself is implemented in the dlls which is provided
by nVidia/AMD. mfx_dispatch also does the similar. It loads
some dlls dynamically privided by Intel.

> > openh264 : for ffmpeg (new)
> > xvidcore : for ffmpeg
> >
> > [ITA]
> > libsndfile : maintainer changed, no GTG yet
> > opus : maintainer changed, no GTG yet
> > opusfile : maintainer changed, no GTG yet
> > opus-tools : maintainer changed, no GTG yet
> > pulseaudio : (new)
> >
> > SDL2 : already has GTG
> > mpg123 : already has GTG
> >
> > [WITHDRAW]
> > x264
> > x265
> >

> I've posted some specific comments on some of these.
>
> Please double-check that packages which contain a soversioned library
> include that in the package name (for reasons touched on in [1]).
>
> If you'd like me to review any of these again, please post the just new
> .cygport file in a follow-up (since that will save me a little time in
> having to extract it)
>
> I've updated the package list.
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2023-January/042480.html

Thanks. I'll check and fix that.