[ITP] openh264 (2.3.1)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Feb 19 15:37:47 GMT 2023

On 17/02/2023 08:49, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:24:24 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 14/02/2023 21:21, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> The new cygport file attached downloads md5hash during
>>> the packaging process and embeds it into postinstall
>>> script. Does this make sense?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> So, this looks like it works, and meets the requirements.
>>
>> Is md5 the only hash available?  This is not really considered "good
>> enough" any more.
>>
>> As a thought-experiment, consider doing it slightly differently:
>>
>> package contains:
>> - the headers
>> - a data file with the version (or maybe URL) and hash
>> - a script which can fetch (using above data) or remove the DLL
>> - postinstall and preremove scripts which invoke that script appropriately
>>
>> (I think this means the post/pre scripts can be static, and packaged via
>> $C, rather than written by the cygport itself)
>>
>> What do you think of that?
>
> Thanks for the advice!
>
> So, how about this one?
>
> package contains:
> - the headers
> - the data files with the version and hash
> - postinstall and preremove scripts which fetch (using above data)
>    and remove the DLL

Great, thanks.  I hope this means you think this is a better approach,
rather than just humouring me :)

A few minor points:

* It seems like the empty dummy archive could be made with something
like just:

   tar -Jcf ${SRC_URI} --files-from /dev/null

* If the postinstall failed somehow, the preremove script will fail
trying to remove a file which doesn't exist.  It might be a good idea to
use 'rm -f' to ensure that doesn't happen.

* I don't think you should need:

> 	# Install postinstall/preremove scripts
> 	mkdir -p ${D}/etc/postinstall  ${D}/etc/preremove
> 	cp ${C}/lib${NAME}.postinstall ${D}/etc/postinstall/lib${NAME}.sh
> 	cp ${C}/lib${NAME}.preremove ${D}/etc/preremove/lib${NAME}.sh

This should happen automatically if the files are in $C (and you can
list them in CYGWIN_FILES or make them with cygwin.patch file to put
them there)