calm not updating master x86_64/sha512.sum after setup updates

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Jul 28 09:08:30 GMT 2024

On 28/07/2024 00:06, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After uploading packages, calm does not appear to be updating sha512.sum
> after updating setup.ini:
>
> $ date -ud@`stat -c%Y ~/mirror/x86_64/sha512.sum`
> 2024 Jul 24 Wed 15:14:03
>
> This is showing up in a script I run a minute or few later to check
> git/cygwin-packages/repo status, https://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/x86_64/
> timestamps, and download sha512.sum, setup.ini.sig, setup.xz.sig,
> setup.xz to check whether calm has updated every package as expected,
> checksums, and signatures, and it is okay to announce, using curl -I and
> a filter:
>
> checking setup status https://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/x86_64/sha512.sum:
>          last-modified:  Wed, 24 Jul 2024 15:14:03 GMT
>          content-length: 1278
> checking setup status https://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/x86_64/setup.ini:
>          last-modified:  Sat, 27 Jul 2024 21:56:02 GMT
>          content-length: 18169373
>          content-type:   text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Uh, your expectations aren't well founded here.

The sha512.sum files aren't generated by calm, but by another process
(which creates/updates them for the entire /var/ftp/pub/ area on sourceware)

I wish that calm could update these files but there are some
isolation/permissions issues which prevent that currently. (or indeed,
better still, have these checksums generated at the package build stage
and passed through to setup.ini as an additional check on package
integrity),