[ITA] bzip2-1.0.8 (updated with pkg-config support)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 16:20:57 GMT 2025


On 28/07/2025 16:03, Carlo B. via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hello,
> thank you very much for your reply and the tip.
> I will try to use the [PATCH package] notation in the future.
> 
> However, I used [ITA] into the subject and not [ITP].
> Perhaps I had understood wrong, but according to this page:
> 
> https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html
> 
> the [ITA] acronym can be used to provide for "Updating or adopting an
> orphaned package", as the title says.
> Perhaps the description into the above paragraph should be splitted in
> "Adopting an orphaned package" and "Updating an existing package".
> However, that's not a problem, at least for me, I can use the most
> suitable text for the purpose ;)

Hmm... and I thought I doubled checked that. I'll try with my glasses on 
next time :)

I see what you mean about the existing wording. I think that's meant to 
be an inclusive-or, though. I'll try to adjust it to make things clearer.



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list